Pictus is a fast, free image viewer. It is designed to be small, fast and just totally sweet. If you are content with your current photo viewer software you can still install Pictus and just let it help Windows Explorer show thumbnails for even more images.
- Loads images in advance.
- Designed for responsiveness.
- Very uncluttered interface.
- Rotation and basic realtime color adjustment.
- Supports BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PNG, PSD (Adobe Photoshop), PSP (Corel Paint Shop Pro), TGA, TIFF, WBMP, WEBP and XYZ
- Helps Windows Explorer show thumbnails for those formats.
- Fullscreen support.
- Very customizable controls.
- Handles EXIF orientation data.
- Supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.
- A whopping selection of Swedish and English interface.
If you are unsure which file to download, pick the fist one. They all contain the free image viewer you might grow to love.
- Pictus 1.6.0 Installer (recommended, both 32- and 64-bit)
- Pictus 1.6.0 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.6.0 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.5.3 Installer
- Pictus 1.5.3 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.5.3 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.5.2 Installer
- Pictus 1.5.2 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.5.2 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.5.1 Installer
- Pictus 1.5.1 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.5.1 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.5.0 Installer
- Pictus 1.5.0 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.5.0 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.4.0 Installer
- Pictus 1.4.0 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.4.0 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.3.2 Installer
- Pictus 1.3.2 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.3.2 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.3.1 Installer
- Pictus 1.3.1 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.3.1 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.3.0 Installer
- Pictus 1.3.0 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.3.0 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.2.3 Installer
- Pictus 1.2.3 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.2.3 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.2.2 Installer
- Pictus 1.2.2 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.2.2 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.2.1 Installer
- Pictus 1.2.1 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.2.1 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.2.0 Installer
- Pictus 1.2.0 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.2.0 ZIP, 64-bit
- Pictus 1.1.6 Installer
- Pictus 1.1.6 ZIP, 32-bit
- Pictus 1.1.6 ZIP, 64-bit
If you want PSD thumbnails in Windows, you need to download the installer. The ZIP versions does not include thumbnail support. It is recommended to uninstall any previous version of Pictus before upgrading. If you wish to take a peek at the source, just head over to the git repository
- Feature: WebP support
- Feature: Extra mouse buttons configuration
- Feature: Additional keyboard shortcut actions
- Bugfix: Opening images directly under C:/ was unreliable
- Bugfix: Fix potential security vulnerability by upgrading libpng (CVE-8126)
- Bugfix: Fix bug where the status- and title-bar did not update when maximized with certain settings
- Bugfix: Lanczos3 was slower than in 1.4.0
- Bugfix: Languages were mixed up
- Bugfix: A logfile was created, making Pictus non-portable
- Feature: EXIF orientation support
- Feature: Additional ways to set wallpaper
- Enhancement: Improved performance when using “resize to image”
- Bugfix: Countless stability improvements for nearly every supported file format
- Feature: Remap keyboard shortcuts
- Bugfix: JPG files with non-RGB color spaces were rendered entirely wrong
- Bugfix: Solves potential security vulnerability concerning PNG images
- Bugfix: Hover effect for drop-down lists in settings were bugged
- Enhancement: Image should not appear temporarily stretched anymore when switching between images
- Bugfix: BMP support improved for files with invalid size field
- Feature: Upgraded DirectX version, improves stability and possibly performance
- Bugfix: Panning for rotated images was broken
- Bugfix: Performance dropped for large images
- Bugfix: Status bar could appear in fullscreen mode
- Bugfix: Various GIF animation issues
- Bugfix: Delete key didn’t always work
- Bugfix: Crash on shutdown on certain machines
- Bugfix: Swedish translation contained broken characters